Mold Restoration Done Correctly
If not treated quickly and effectively mold issues can get worse and in some cases be deadly, It is imperative to address all restoration projects based on the proven industry standards as well as addressing unusual circumstances quickly and effectively. Mold develops where there is excess water and moisture over a period of time. The most effective way to protect your family and property from the threat of mold is to have it remediated immediately by a professional restoration company. United Construction Solutions LLC offers mold removal services to stem the tide of mold, as well as cleaning and sanitization, including mold odor removal to restore your home or business to its original state. Our professional deodorization techniques erase mold odors. Removal of mold can be a serious endeavor, and United Construction Solutions has the expertise and technology for the job.
Why is mold growing in my home?
Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided.
What is Mold?
Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce. Mold spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive.
There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. When excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or un-addressed. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.
5 Criteria Must Be Met for Mold to Grow:
1) Organic food – natural materials such as paper, wood and/or soil are ideal stages for mold to develop
2) Moisture or high humidity – no moisture, no mold
3) Moderate temperature – labs incubate most household molds at about 77F, although they grow well in a range of 68F to 86F. Below that range, especially, the growth is slowed and the response time envelope is considerably extended
4) Stagnant air – most microbes do not like fresh moving air, which removes moisture from surfaces
5) Time – germination takes about two to three days under ideal conditions for most household molds
Should I Be Concerned About Mold in My Property?
When airborne mold spores are present in large numbers, they can cause skin irritation, allergic reactions, asthma episodes, infections and other respiratory problems for people. Exposure to high spore levels can cause the development of an allergy to the mold. Mold also can cause structural damage to your property.
How Do Molds Affect People?
Some people are more sensitive to molds than others. They include: — Infants and children — Elderly persons — Immune comprise patients — Individuals with existing respiratory conditions, such as allergies and asthma
The same amount of mold may cause health effects in one person, but not in another. Exposure to molds can cause allergic symptoms such as watery eyes, a runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, itching, coughing, wheezing, headache and fatigue.
How do I get rid of mold?
It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust, which can be eliminated with an air purifier. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present.
Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors and using a quality air purifier. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don’t fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.
What is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation, also known as mold removal, is the process by which a certified and/or trained professional performs the removal and/or cleanup of mold from an indoor environment. When these levels become abnormally high as determined by indoor air quality testing or a mold inspection, remediation is recommended to be carried out by a professional remediation company.
Five Typical Steps of Professional Mold Removal & Remediation
- Source Identification: Through the use of moisture detection equipment, such as a thermal imaging camera, United Construction Solutions will identify moisture intrusion in residential and commercial structures. Potential sources of moisture include: Flooding, Leaky Roofs, Humidifiers, Damp Basements or Crawl Spaces, Constant Plumbing Leaks, and Clothes Dryers that have been vented indoors. The source of the moisture must be addressed before remediation can begin.
- Containment: Technicians isolate the area of contamination to eliminate the spread of mold spores to other areas of the property.
- Filtration: HEPA air filters and negative air machines run continuously throughout the project. Mold spores, dust, MVOCs, and other airborne debris are removed from the air.
- Removal and Cleanup: Contaminated materials are removed or remediated according to mold remediation guidelines known as a cleaning protocol. Often drywall, carpet, furniture, and other damaged materials may have to be replaced to prevent mold from returning.
- Replacement: Our teams can provide and install all the new building materials required to return all effected areas of the property to its pre-loss condition.
Mold Prevention Tips
- Fix leaky plumbing and leaks in the building envelope as soon as possible
- Watch for condensation and wet spots. Fix the source of the moisture problem as soon as possible.
- Keep heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed.
- Vent moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside when possible.
- Maintain low indoor humidity, below 60% relative humidity (RH), ideally 30-50%.
- Perform regular building/HVAC inspections and maintenance as scheduled.
- Clean and dry out wet or damp spots within 48 hours.
- Don’t let foundations stay wet. Provide drainage and slope the ground away from the foundation.
- Prevent moisture due to condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in air (humidity). –
To increase surface temperature, insulate or increase air circulation.
(To reduce the moisture level in air, repair leaks, increase ventilation (if outside air is cold and dry), or dehumidify (if outdoor air is warm and humid))
Some efforts by good intentioned homeowners can actually accelerate mold growth. Using UV light or high-heat drying has only temporary benefits and can be harmful to people, pets, wood, plastics, and plants. People are often confused by thinking that mold-resistant means mold-proof. It does not. Our company mold removal services are comprehensive, encompassing mold remediation, mold odor removal, as well as cleaning and sanitization.
We have a network team of professionals with mold and water remediation who accurately diagnose the damage and protect families from potentially dangerous mold situations.
Once the area has been restored to normal conditions, Our professionals then shift their attention to mold odor removal. Our professional deodorization techniques will leave your home or business fully restored.
United Construction Solutions professionals are trained and ready to mitigate loss and meet every challenge with professionalism, reliability, compassion and respect.
We recognize mold not only damages property, but can jeopardize human health and our goal is to remove this hazard with minimal disruption to the occupants. Our mold remediation process benefits property as well as people.
Why Choose Us?
We understand your requirements. It’s our job. We can provide a complete estimate, including photos, to the agent or adjuster. Our commitment to excellence includes you, which means that you can expect effective, ongoing communication and reporting from us.